This past week brought so many amazing things: football, pumpkin everything, the season premier previews of our favorite TV shows, and the official start of FALL. For those of us in warmer climates like me (Houston), we are still waiting for that sweet relief of any kind of temperature with a 7 (or even 8) in front of it. This wish probably won’t come true for a few more weeks, but it’s not going to get my spirits down. So, how can you get into the fall spirit when it’s still too hot to break out your boots, leggings and chunky sweaters? Makeup!
If you’ve been following IDOPT for a while, you’ll probably recall this fantastic post about makeup trends for spring by the lovely and talented Myra Touchstone! Myra is a freelance make-up artist who has a diverse client list going to a variety of events including proms, pictorials, special events, and weddings. You can find out more about her background and experience by clicking here. Myra has been so kind to share her top looks for fall as well as some new high/low beauty finds for all budgets. So relax, get cozy, enjoy these gorgeous new looks, and see how you can get yourself fall ready with just a handful of quality products.
Fall Looks with Myra Touchstone
Fall My favorite time to play and experiment with gorgeous deep-colored tones like the greens, blues, reds, gold, brown, purple, and orange. With the right application and mixing of colors, these shades will give your eyes a beautiful pop or simply enhance those already gorgeous eyes.
I. “Smoke it Out”– Only have a few minutes to get your “beauty on” but want to stay on trend and not overly done? The smokey eye look is always a safe bet for fall.
G E T M Y R A’ S L O O K:
1. Apply a reddish tone shadow (Bitten) on the outer third of the lid, and a little bit on the inner corners of the lid.
2. Darken the corners of the lid with a darker brown (Bada Bing), and smudge this as well on the lower lash line.
3. Apply a lighter shade (Rapunzel) to the middle of the lid, brow bone and tear duct.
4. Blend a lighter shade brown (Cocoa Bear) on the crease and lower lash line to buff out any harsh lines.
5. Line your top lash line with a brown or black liner making a light wing.
6. Curl lashes and apply mascara.
Optional: Try experimenting with other colors and choose the ones that would complement your eye color!
II. “Party Pop” – This look is perfect for those times where you want to get dolled up but don’t have eons of prep time.
G E T M Y R A’ S L O O K:
- Start by applying a base on your lid (Soft Ochre) for an even canvas.
- Apply a light shade (Baby Face) all over lid and up to the brow bone. (This will ensure your shadows stays put.)
- Now, with a blending brush, apply a light brown shade (Cocoa Bear) on the crease, blending out any harsh lines.
- For the lid, sweep a golden/peachy tone shadow (Cosmopolitan).
- For the colorful pop, use a dark bluish/purple shadow (Duchess) on the top lash line making it a little thick towards the end blending it inwards.
- Apply this as well on the lower lash line.
- Apply highlight (Rapunzel) to your brow bone and tear duct, then thinly line the lash line and inner rim with a black gel liner (Immortal) winging the ends.
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara.
III. “Beautiful Brow Game” – Fuller brows are in. However, big fuller brows are not for everyone. Brows frames the eyes, and you want your brows to complement the rest of your face!
G E T M Y R A’ S L O O K:
- Start by trimming your brows and removing unwanted hair.
- For an old but good trick, put a small dot as a guide to the inner front of the brow, then to the highest point of your brow, and last to the end of the brow.
- Start filling the gaps using small hair strokes for a more natural look.
- If you are blessed with a little more brow hair and needs those babies to stay put, use a clear or tinted brow gel to keep them in place.
IV. “Glow”- This look is a nice way to accentuate your cheek bones and anything that you’d like to ‘pop.’
G E T M Y R A’ S L O O K:
- With a fan brush, apply a highlighter that complements your skin tone to the top of your cheeks.
- Dust the tip and bridge of your nose
- To really “glow,” you can also put it on the top of your lip for a fuller, kissable look.
V. “All about Matte!” – Darker and colorful shades are in, but this look is not for everyone. However, I think almost anyone can rock out a matte lip color. So, choose your shades carefully and use what complements your skin tone and facial features.
Myra’s Must Haves
Here are some almost toe to toe high end and budget friendly cosmetics that will get the job done!
- Milani Stay Put Brow color– this product not only fills and shapes your brows, but it really lasts until you take it off. The Milani cosmetics line is available at most drugstores and have 5 shades to choose from. Shades are in soft brown, brunette, natural taupe, medium brown and dark brown.
2. NYX micro brow pencil– it’s almost a dupe for ABH brow pencil and also wallet friendly. The micro tips allow for those tiny hair strokes to achieve realistic brow-like hairs.
3. L’Oreal Infallible pro- matte foundation – This quality foundation is both matte and long wear and provides medium to full coverage.
4. Makeup Geek – My holy grail of eye shadows. I know I’ve mentioned this product previously, but I think this one goes toe-to-toe with ABH. The pigmentation of these eye shadows are just incredible. These gems stays on, blend easily and are also cruelty-free, talc-free and paraben-free! The foiled eye shadows, when used as a liner, applies beautifully. These shadows are versatile and are available in matte, shimmer, satin, and foiled formulas.
5. Physician’s Formula Mineral Glow Pearls– This highlighter comes in 4 shades for light to medium skin tones. It provides a nice subtle highlight to cheeks without looking overdone. The shade options include Translucent, Beige, Light Bronze, and Bronze.
These products are worth every cent and will make you feel like a million bucks!
I. Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade – With its extensive collection, everyone can find an Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade color that suits them beautifully. This pomade not only lasts for the long haul, it is also easy to apply and waterproof as well! With all of these superpowers, it’s hard not to fall in love with this brow candy.
Available in 11 shades: Ash Brown, Auburn, Blonde, Ebony, Granite, Caramel, Soft Brown, Taupe, Dark Brown and Chocolate.
II. Anastasia Brow Wiz – The creamy consistency of this pencil makes it easy to use and comes in 9 shades. Auburn, Ebony, Granite, Caramel, Soft Brown, Taupe, Dark Brown and Chocolate
III. MAC Pro- Longwear Waterproof Foundation – Once this baby is on your skin, it stays! This foundation is best to apply with a damp beauty blender. Depending on your coverage preference, this foundation will provide a medium to full coverage that lasts all day!
IV. Anastasia Beverly Hills eyeshadows – These shadows are available in 8 formulas – Matte, Satin, Shimmer, Velvet, Sparkle, Duo Chrome, and Titanium. They are highly pigmented which helps their color stay on, blend easily and minimize fall out.
V. Becca Highlighters – It’s time to lighten up, everyone! 🙂 This wonderful highlighter by Becca just gives your cheekbones, nose, lips, brow bone, and chin a nice pop and fresh glow that complement every face. My favorite highlighter comes in 6 shades: Champagne Pop, Opal, Moonstone, Topaz, and Blushed Copper.
Thank you, Myra, for sharing your beautiful photos and fall makeup trends with us! If you are inspired to step up or change your makeup game, additional photos for browsing and inspiration are available here and on Instagram!
I Dream of Pretty Things